Since it’s Valentine’s Day week, we felt that it was time to pull out a quick and tasty meal that you and your special someone can enjoy together. You may be so busy with kids that having a lot time to yourself just isn’t a real option. You may be coming back from a long trip, a weekend away or, just simply wish to keep this Valentine’s Day dinner simple (And as an added bonus, relatively inexpensive!).
Whichever category you may fall into, we hope that you enjoy this tasty meal and can share it with the ones you love!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or strips)
- 1 head of organic broccoli
- 2-3 full-size, organic carrots
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- 3/4 cup long grain or wild rice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Sharp cheddar cheese (Or, mixed cheeses for added flavor!)
- Seasonest Original Blend
- Baking/ casserole dish (the one pictured is around 12″x 9.75″x 5″)
- Medium stove-top pot and lid
- Wok or frying pan
- Scoop/stirring spoon
- Two oven mitts
- Cutting knife
- Two cutting boards (one for meat, one for vegetables)
- Measuring cup
- Cheese grater
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside casserole dish (You may wish to apply olive oil to keep ingredients from sticking to the side of the dish.).
- Measure out 3/4 cup rice and 2 1/4 cup water and place these in a medium stove-top pot. Add in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil so that the rice doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Turn on a stove-top burner to Medium-High and place the rice-filled pot on top. Bring contents to a boil, then cover with a lid and turn burner down to Low or Med-Low for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from packaging and wash thoroughly. Cut chicken into desired size (Bite-size preferable). Set aside.
- Take out your vegetables and wash them thoroughly, then chop them up to bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Place wok or frying pan onto the stove and turn burner on to Medium heat. Once it is fully heated, toss in chicken and 1 Tbsp. olive oil and cook well (Chicken will turn white and need flipping to ensure thorough cooking.). Once well-cooked, toss in the vegetables and another 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Also, sprinkle in Seasonest Original Blend in desired amount.
- Once rice, chicken and vegetables are all done cooking, place rice into the bottom of the casserole dish, adding the vegetables and chicken on top. Add a layer of grated sharp cheddar to the top until fully covered and place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- After the cheese has melted, remove cooked casserole from oven using BOTH oven mitts and let sit for 5 minutes to cool.
Let us know if you get the opportunity to try this dish and how it goes!
Happy Motivation Monday,
The Seasonest Family
It’s a great day for celebration. Not only is it almost the weekend, but it’s also the day we’re celebrating February’s seasoning of the month, our Soul Food Blend!
The Soul Food Blend really is the “heart and soul” of our blends. It has rich, hearty flavors that remind you of favorite foods and the comforts of home. When you think “soul food”, what comes to mind? For us (just to name a few) it is fried chicken, gumbo, biscuits, collards, shrimp and grits, okra and red beans and rice. Mmm… it’s time to get cooking.
Here are some of our favorite Soul Food Blend- inspired recipes:
Did you know that the Soul Food Blend has cousins? If you’re up for a little more kick to your dishes, we also offer the Mild and Spicy versions!
If you’re simply looking for the “Soul Food Blend”, click here!
An added bonus to the great flavor of the blend is that it contains all-natural, organic paprika, garlic, turmeric and black pepper. Talk about healthy and hearty! What a blend.
Sending lots of love this Valentine’s season!
The Seasonest Family
Quick! Send your significant other out of the room… okay, are you ready? You’ve got 11 days. That is cutting it close my friend. There are less than two weeks until Valentine’s Day; have you gotten them that gift yet? Uhuh…. OKAY. Let’s get to work.
Firstly, our seasonings make great gifts! They come in an array of delicious flavors for all kinds of palettes.
- Does your significant other like to eat food every day? Great! Then, you’re already one step closer to fulfilling a practical, daily need, but with extra added umph.
- Does your significant other value their health? Do you value their health? PERFECT. Our seasonings contain all-natural Celtic sea salt as well as ingredients that are non-GMO, gluten free, vegan-friendly and organic. If you are taking a break from salt, we’ve got options for that as well.
- Do they like things that taste good? If your lovebug /boo /pumpkin /schnookums enjoys food with flavor, they’ll LOVE our seasonings. Keep them from eating just to eat and give them the gift of flavorful food enjoyment!
Order those seasonings now if you want them in time for Valentine’s Day! They’re only $5 each right now and shipping is free for orders over $15.
Now that that’s all settled and we can see that you clearly love your better half, here’s what you do. Take a quick trip to our website (click me) and read about each of the flavors. If you’d like some help with how to choose, here’s what we suggest based on their personality:
- Sassy/Sarcastic: Spicy Blend
- Romantic: Italian Blend
- Traditional (with a secret twist): Lemon Pepper Blend
- Classy: Original Blend
- Big-Hearted: Soul Food Blend
- Comical: Jerk Blend
- Active/Athletic: Adobo Blend
- Wild Child: Lemon Fire Blend
- Sweet: Mild Blend
Yep. Definitely saw you eyeing that blend. You know they’d love it!
Our last bit of advice is how to present your beloved with this special, spicy gift. Here we go! (Please read these aloud in the cheesiest voice possible. It is also crucial that you present the gift in perfect timing with your words. Trust us.)
- Spicy Blend: “Hey baby. Just wanted to spice things up a bit.”
- Original Blend: “(Insert name here), I love that you’re so… original.”
- Soul Food Blend: “Darling, you are food for my soul.”
- Italian Blend: “You inspired me… your love takes me to faraway places.”
- Adobo Blend: “Ad-o-bo about you, but I’d love to make you dinner.”
- Jerk Blend: “I know I can be a jerk sometimes, but tonight, I want to focus on you!”
“You know, there’s a season for everything… and there’s always seasoning for you.”
We hope you enjoyed a good laugh and have some fun ideas for your favorite person on Valentine’s Day. Let us know if you got to use one of our cheesy pick-up lines!
The Seasonest Family
Alright. We have to let you in on a secret. Gentlemen… us ladies love it when you cook for us. We love it when you take care of us that way! It’s so important to us to know how much we mean to you. And, you know what… Valentine’s Day is only about three weeks away! It’s the perfect time to add a little spice to your relationship (But, really.).
We’re here to help all the men out there with their Valentine’s Day plans. If you’re all out of ideas, take some of ours!
Step 1: Plan to cook your lady dinner
She will love it. No, really… she will be so happy that you took time to make food for her and will be so thrilled to know how much you care to do it. All it takes is a little planning ahead, a good recipe and some amazing spices.
Step 2: Prep yourself
You’re going to need some recipes and some supplies. We’ve got you covered.
Here are a few of our favorite recipes that we have personally taste tested: Click Here
As for supplies, we can help make your cooking experience even easier. All you have to do is use our delicious seasonings to give your food amazing flavor. Here are our recommendations:
- Original– If you think your lady is a classic, this blend is perfect for her taste buds. Season and grill a beautiful steak dinner for two with it and enjoy.
- Spicy– Does your lovely lady appreciate a little flame? Perhaps she likes the taste of Tex-Mex. This blend is sure to do the trick!
- Soul Food– Mmm… seafood dishes would be perfect with our Soul Food blend. Lobster, crayfish, salmon…
- Lemon Pepper– A chicken dish isn’t complete without this zesty blend. Add a side of rice and vegetables to round out the meal!
- Italian– Can’t you just imagine a beautiful, candle-lit dinner with an amazing pasta dish? You’ve got the right seasoning.
For all of our amazing seasoning blends, check out this page: Click Here
When you’re through with your meal and your lady is looking at you like you’ve given her the world, we hope you’ll think of us just a little and let us know how your meal went. We’ll let you keep the credit.
The Ladies of Seasonest