Can you smell the turkey in the oven? The casseroles… ? How about the delicious, buttery rolls and pumpkin pie?
It’s almost Thanksgiving and we are so looking forward to our favorite family holiday! We love how food can bring family around the table and are so thankful for all God has provided.
In preparation for tomorrow, we’ve got one more dish to share with you that we absolutely love; collard greens. If you’ve never made them, don’t you worry! We’ve got an easy video tutorial just for you: (Click Me!)
Collard Greens Recipe:
- Two smoked turkey wings
- Soul Food Spicy seasoning
- Two TBSP of oil of your choice
- Collard greens
In a large pot (with a lid):
- Place in two smoked turkey wings
- Pour in water (let simmer)
- Add Soul Food Spicy seasoning (season to taste)
- Add 2 TBSP of oil
- Bring to a boil and add rinsed and washed collard greens; shred turkey
- Add more Soul Food Spicy seasoning
- Mix well and cover – turn heat to low (for chewy collards, cook for 45 minutes; for silky collards, cook for 2 hours)
*Tip: Save the leftover liquids for bread dipping!
The Seasonest Family