Have you ever had a moment where you suddenly got caught up in the insatiable desire to have some good, old-fashioned, Southern home cooking? Yes, yes… we definitely understand! Well, we’re excited to bring you a fun and soulful, Southern recipe just in time for the weekend! Our Soulful, Southern Fried Chicken is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (any brand)
- Seasonest’s Soul Food Blend
- 2 eggs
- Oil of your preference (Healthiest is best!)
- 1 1/4 pounds of chicken (We recommend chicken drumsticks.)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/8 cup pepper
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Deep fryer or pan (If using a pan, please use oven mitts.)
- One large bowl
- One small bowl
- Paper towels
- Large/gallon-size storage/freezer bag
- One large plate
- If using a deep fryer, fill with a minimum of 10 cups of your choice of oil and preheat to 350 degrees. If using a pan, heat to medium/high and fill no more than half way with oil.
- Take small bowl and combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and Seasonest Soul Food Blend together. Set aside.
- Combine egg and hot sauce into large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Fill gallon-size storage/freezer bag with flour. Set aside.
- Take chicken pieces and wash with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels and roll into bowl of seasoning.
- Place seasoned chicken pieces into the bowl of egg and hot sauce and place 1/4 of the pieces into the fryer for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining 3/4 of chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, place upon large plate covered with paper towels. Use another paper towel to pat chicken pieces dry and remove any excess oil left over from cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please note: This recipe makes about 12 chicken pieces, or 3-4 servings!
We hope you thoroughly enjoy your very own, homemade fried chicken.
Have a wonderful weekend,
The Seasonest Family