Happy Potential Snow Day for our Georgia-based followers! For all of you gearing up due to weather warnings, we wanted to give you a great recipe for warming up. Make sure to stop by your local grocery store and pick up these ingredients so you can have a hearty, delicious meal. You may need to get there early if you don’t want to miss out on milk and bread though…
Cook time: 1 hour
- Chicken Andouille sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Seasonest Spicy Blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans red kidney beans, partially drained
- Season vegetables with Seasonest Spicy Blend and sauté in large pot with olive oil. Set aside.
- Sauté sausage until slightly browned and add in the already cooked vegetables.
- Add in kidney beans with the remaining juice, chicken broth and season again with Seasonest Spicy Blend. Slightly mash beans while stirring.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Turn down and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- While the beans simmer, prepare a pot of rice.
- Serve over rice.
We hope you get to have a great snow day filled with family, fun and delicious food.
The Seasonest Family