Happy Motivation Monday!
It’s super busy right around now for just about everyone. This time of year, the last thing I want to realize is that I don’t have enough food in the fridge, but, it happens when Christmas shopping and preparations are going on and we’re all going five different directions.
Does this ever happen to you? If it does, I’ve got some quick tips to help you out with mealtime fixes!
Tip 1) Check your stock.
Look in the pantry, on shelves and in your refrigerator for food items and ingredients. If you are like us, you’ll find that you have a lot more potential meal-making items than you suspected.
Tip 2) Gather the basics.
- Carb/ Bread
Tip 3) Put it all together.
There are a lot of options you have if you are able to find at least two to three of the five categories listed above. But, seasoning it right is crucial to the flavor. Here are some examples!
- Jerk Mild meaty pasta
- Original Salt Free egg and vegetable stir fry (Add noodles for a heartier meal.)
- Mild hearty meat, noodle and veggie soup
- Spicy ham or turkey and cheese sandwich
- Soul Food Mild soup and grilled cheese
- Adobo quesadillas and sour cream
- Original cheesy egg sandwich
- Lemon pepper soup and salad
- Italian-seasoned ham, ranch and cheese sandwich
- Adobo huevos rancheros (Spicy, spicy eggs!)
What we’ve learned is to ALWAYS have our favorite seasonings stocked up. When you’re in a time crunch, and really, even when you’re not, seasonings can save a meal and make them truly amazing. If you’d like tips on how to make any of the above recipes, comment below!
Hope you’re having a great Christmas week. Thank you for all of your continued support of our family’s business.