Can you believe the new year is already here? Farewell 2015… it’s on to new things! To ring in the new year, we’ve got some 2016 new years’ resolutions made and we intend to keep them (Please pray for strength to keep them.).
Everyone seems to do the same resolutions each year (Which, we think is wonderful and intend to have some repeats ourselves!), but we wanted to think a bit outside of the box and inspire ourselves and you with some ideas that might get your year off to the best and brightest start yet.
Here we go!
- Help your brother– Sibling by birth, sibling by faith, sibling by choice… however you obtained your filial friend, take on some responsibilities that make them feel loved and important! It can be something as simple as doing one of their usual chores or even buying a random stranger a coffee on a cold day. Simple and straightforward are totally fine.
- Call your mother– Keep in touch with your loved ones. You get one life on this earth and you get one of each person that comes into your life, so treat them well and don’t take them for granted!
- Save the world– We may not always think about the impact of our daily routines on our planet, but it would be nice to try doing small things each day to make the world better for each other and for posterity. Wash your hair one less time a week and learn to compost or reuse items in unconventional ways. Again, simple things are totally fine and make a big difference.
- See the world– You don’t always have to travel to find new things, but if you do have the opportunity to travel, take it! What we really want to emphasize is seeing the world through someone else’s eyes and really taking time to listen to them. Talk to your grandparents about their childhoods. Talk to the homeless man about his dreams. You can also read a book and learn a whole lot about a whole lot of things you didn’t know that you didn’t know.
- Help yourself– Give more, take less, walk more, drive less, smile more, frown less, breathe more, worry less… Make sure you take time for yourself. It may be five minutes a day, but give yourself to yourself for just a moment. You need it. It’s not selfish to take care of yourself (moms…)! Enjoy living and breathing and make sure you take time to reflect on all that you’ve been blessed with in your life.
Simple? We hope so. Difficult to implement? Maybe so, but we hope that these ideas really jump start something wonderful for you.
The Seasonest Family